- No pets allowed either in the cottage or in the garden.
- The cottage accommodates only 2 people, either a couple, 2 singe persons or 1 adult and 1 child.
- A non refundable deposit of 20% of the full amount is required at time of booking.
- Payment can be made through our secure booking system, by cheque or by BACS.
- If the booking is less than 6 weeks ahead, full payment is required on confirmation. If the booking is last-minute, the full price is payable on arrival in cash. Once the booking is confirmed by the owners the guest is responsible for the full hire charge.
- If you do not wish to use our secure booking system for payment but prefer to pay by another method, please let us know within 24 hours of receipt of our confirmation that your dates are available. We will acknowledge by email the receipt of your deposit.
- An account with balance due will accompany our acknowledgement. This will state the date by when it is is due, normally 6 weeks before the holiday starts.
- Eight days after your booking request, if the deposit has not arrived, the reservation will be considered invalid and the cottage made available again for booking by others.
- The balance is payable 6 weeks before arrival. Payment can be through our secure booking system, by cheque or BACS.
- If the balance is not paid within one week of balance due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-let the cottage.
- If you have to cancel, you must notify us immediately by telephone and confirm in writing or email. We will make every effort to re-let but if we are unable to do so, we will be unable to refund any payments of the balance made, so we strongly advise you to take out holiday insurance to cover you if you have to cancel.
- Entrance to the property is at 4pm. If you arrive before that time, and if the property is ready, you may be able to enter earlier. It must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure to allow ample time for it to be prepared for our following guests.
- If the cottage cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the owners' control and the owners are forced to cancel the booking, the whole of the hire charge will be refunded and the guest will have no further claim against the owners. In such an event, we cannot guarantee to find alternative accommodation for you.
- Should there be any cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please contact us immediately.
BREAKAGE OR DAMAGE:
- Please advise us of any breakage or damage that should occur during your stay. We may need to replace items such as glasses, crockery etc.
CARE OF PROPERTY:
- The guest is responsible for the cottage during the hire period and must take reasonable and proper care of it, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning.
- We do not make a security deposit, because we trust that people will take good care of the property.
- Smoking is not allowed in the cottage but you can smoke outside as long as you dispose of the stubs directly into the dustbins, and not in the cottage.
- We have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence.
RIGHT OF ENTRY:
- We reserve the right of entry to the property at any reasonable time for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE:
- The use of the cottage and its equipment is entirely at the guest's risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the owners for injury to the guests, nor for injury loss or damage to their belongings, including motor vehicles.
- The Contract of Hire is between the guests and the owners of Bluebell Cottage.
- We reserve the right not to hand over the accommodation to any person who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge. All hire charges paid shall be refunded in full and the contract discharged.
- While every care is taken to ensure that the details are correct, we cannot accept responsibility for errors contained there-in, or the results there-of.